- Administer first aid for all illnesses and injuries.
- Administer immediate temporary medical treatment until services of a physician can be secured.
- Maintain and assures readiness of emergency medical equipment and supplies. Maintains all medical records.
- Prepare and maintain occupational injury and illness log.
- Conduct first aid training courses for other platform personnel.
- Accompany and attend to seriously injured or ill personnel while being transported from platform to hospital or clinic as necessary.
- Advise Platform Supervisors as to type of medical attention and services that will be required on shore for injured or ill personnel.
- Prepare and maintain records of authorization for medical treatment.
- Regularly inspect lodging areas to assure that good health and housekeeping conditions are maintained.
- Take samples and arranging for shipment for potable water samples to an approved laboratory for analysis.
- Monitor food handling practices in the galley to assure proper health and sanitation measures are employed.
- Perform duties as necessary during emergencies and drills to account for all people on board.
- Perform other necessary clerical and safety duties as required by the Platform Supervisor such as but not limited to; assignments of rooms and escape capsule to personnel, safety briefing, maintenance of supplies of personal safety equipment for platform personnel and visitors.
- Operate radio and other communication equipment (including PABX, FAX and telex) as required to maintain contact with supply vessels, tankers, drill ships, helicopters, platforms and land based stations.
- Monitor all radio frequencies as required. Responds to radio and telephone calls, transmit or relays messages on and between platforms and any other stations.
- Maintain appropriate logs as required by EMEPMI and Malaysian Regulatory rules relating to the use of all communication equipment and other operations on the platforms.
- Maintain record of all personnel on board platforms as to name, affiliation, title and location at all times.
- Maintain log of location of supply vessels at all times.
- Monitor radio frequency of air borne helicopters. Receive and dispatch personnel, mail and equipment on the platforms.
- Maintain appropriate paperwork relating to communications, vessels, helicopter, personnel, mail and equipment movement.
- Perform actions as necessary on the helicopter lading team.
- Perform routine cleaning and servicing checks of equipment he operates including standard trouble shooting checks and reports same to the Communication Maintenance Group's Supervisor.
- Familiar with Platform Emergency Response Plan and take appropriate action as required by the Plan during an emergency.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.