- Operate radio and other communication equipment (including PABX, FAX and telex) as required to maintain contract with supply vessels, tankers, drill ships, helicopters, platforms and land based stations.
- Monitor all radio frequencies as required. Responds to radio and telephone calls, transmit or relays messages on and between platforms and any other stations.
- Maintain appropriate logs as required by EMEPMI and Malaysian Regulatory rules relating to the use of all communication equipment and other operations on the platform.
- Maintain record of all personnel on board platforms as to name, affiliation, title and location at all times.
- Maintain log of location of supply vessels at all times.
- Monitor radio frequency of air borne helicopters. Receive and dispatch personnel, mail and equipment movement.
- Perform actions as necessary on the helicopter landing team.
- Perform routine cleaning and servicing checks of equipment he operates including standard trouble shooting checks and reports same to the Communication Maintenance Group's Supervisor.
- Familiar with Emergency Response Plan and take appropriate action as required by the Plan during an emergency.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.