- Operate a grinding and drilling machines.
- Fit new bearing, rings and pistons.
- Read correctly inside and outside micrometer, vernier gauges, vacuum and compression gauge, dial indicators, depth gauge, cylinder bore engine.
- Familiar with all types of fittings allied to the mechanic's trade.
- Erect and dismantle portable scaffolding and perform necessary rigging required to accomplish the work assigned.
- Perform work in accordance with EMEPMI established safety procedure and practices and maintain good housekeeping at the work location.
- Responsible for the proper use and care of tools and equipment charged to him and return all unused materials to stock.
- Work over water at height in excess of 30 meters during inclement weather conditions.
- Good physical condition and capable of withstanding long periods in inclement weather. Also capable of climbing towers, vessels and structures.
- Receive assignments from the EMEPMI Maintenance Supervisor with written work orders to describe the work. He shall be expected to carry out the technical aspect of a job assignment with minimum supervision.