- Familiar with turbine start system standard component, such as starter motor, lubricator, air/gas strainer, starter motor shut off valve, solenoidoperated pilot valve, pressurereducing orifice, pilot air/gas filter, pilot relief valve.
- Familiar with turbine engine assembly and theory of engine operation and it's symbols and abbreviation.
- Able to carry out equipment alignment.
- Capable of using micrometer, vernier gauges, vacuum and compression gauge, dial indicators, depth gauges and bore gauges.
- Fit new bearings, rings and pistons into reciprocating equipment.
- Possess good mechanical troubleshooting skills.
- Read technical drawings and refer to manuals to perform routine maintenance on:
- Gas turbine engines.
- High speed centrifugal compressors.
- Mechanical Seals
- Pumps, reciprocating and centrifugal
- Heat exchanger, coolers, condensers and distillation units.